Saturday, February 7, 2015

Good Morning Fordham!

It’s so easy to get involved on campus at any stage in your Fordham Career. As a second semester sophomore, I found myself fully immersed in the Fordham Community in a new way.  I’m talking about Fordham’s favorite morning show, Fordham Mornings.
My co-host and I on the Fordham Mornings couch!

 Fordham Mornings is one of the most fun things I have been involved with on campus. This semester, I was lucky enough to become one of the two co hosts of the show and I am having a blast. The show is an hour long and runs once a week from 10:00 am to 11:00 am on Wednesday mornings. The show starts with a host chat where my co host and I banter about fun pop culture topics. In addition to the co host antics there is also a news segment, sports segment, fashion segment, DIY segment, and a YouTube video segment. 
The Fordham Mornings crew and set

            Fordham mornings is so much more then what it appears to be on the surface. The show is all student run and student produced so there is a crazy amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. Student producers write the script for the show and are virtually in charge of everything and everyone making sure the show runs smoothly. In addition we have people on tech who work with in the control room, who are in charge of all of the technical aspects, as well as people who are in charge of the cameras and teleprompter.
We are having a great time playing two truths and a lie at then end of the show
   Fordham Mornings is a great opportunity for anyone interested in journalism, broadcasting, or television production.  Even if you aren’t interested in that it is still an incredibly fun group of people to hang out with on Wednesday mornings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment