Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend Update

One big happy family

Kaitlyn McWha

This weekend my entire family came to visit me at Fordham to celebrate my brother's birthday. My grandparents, aunt, uncles, and cousins came all the way from Massachusetts to see me at college! After a tour of the campus, we went to Michelangelo's on Arthur Avenue for my brother's birthday dinner. My family loves Fordham, and I was so happy to see all of them!





The playbill makes a great souvenir 




Deidre Hynes

This Saturday I went into Manhattan to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime on Broadway with my family, and it was amazing. Despite having to brave the rainy weather in the morning, it cleared up by the time we got out of the show, allowing us to walk around and enjoy the city afterwards!










Linda Mule


What a great environment to find my inner peace!
In a city where many think that nothing is free, you would be surprised when I tell you that I took and amazing yoga class, in a gorgeous studio in the East Village. Yoga To The People is a yoga studio with only one rule- to find your inner peace. The donation-based studio has multiple locations throughout the city and is open to all levels. I went with a couple of friends over the weekend and was warmly greeted by staff and other yoga students alike. What I loved about this studio was that although it is donation based, they do not pressure you into feeling as though you must give a donation, and they are very appreciative of whatever you can give. I would go back without a doubt; I especially want to try the hot yoga class in Chelsea!




(Wo)Man's best friend




Kristen Hefferan-Horner

My weekend was spent catching up on some very much needed rest and relaxation on Martyr's lawn and visiting with my family. Being from a close 20 minutes away in Westchester, I feel I have the best of both worlds. While at school, I have a strong sense of independence dorming and being with my friends. However, my family is a short car ride away when I need them...or when I need my dog!







Brenden Burke

The fun began on Friday night this past weekend when the Fordham football team hosted Lafayette, the defending Patriot League champions, for a game under the lights at Jack Coffey Field at Rose Hill.  The game began competitive, but the Rams really hit their stride in the second quarter and led 31-10 at the half.  Fordham went on to win 42-18, improving to 5-1 on the season!  Also, receiver Tebucky Jones Jr. was featured on the SportsCenter Top 10 with the #1 play of the night.

1 comment:

  1. This is nice post which I was awaiting for such an article and I have gained some useful information from this site. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Jesmond Student accommodation

    ReplyDelete