Thursday, October 23, 2014

Spicing Up Midterms Week

Although this week was filled with late night studying and little sleep, I made it a point to do a couple enjoyable activities throughout the week as well.  I always try to keep a steady balance of work and fun throughout my week, so I don't get overly stressed.  On Monday night, I went into Manhattan for dinner with my roommate from last year!  This year, I am a member of Rose Hill Society and have been busy giving tours and working at information sessions and open houses.  I am also the manager of the Womens Volleyball team so those duties keep me very busy too!  Jessica is involved in acapella and theater on campus, so with both of our busy schedules, it is tricky to find time to catch up.  We were both free Monday night, so we went to a delicious Italian restaurant on 74th and Columbus called Pappardella.  There, we got a delicious cheese plate and both got salad afterwards.  

Our delicious cheese platter... yum!
Afterwards, we walked around the city for a bit and reminisced about funny memories we experienced last year. We took the ram van back to campus around 10pm, I studied a little more, and then went to bed. Dinner with Jess was the perfect way to break up my studying and give myself a much needed break. How lucky am I to be so close to NYC that I can go for a spontaneous dinner out on a Monday night?! Although this past week has indeed been stressful, nights like these help me relax and get my mind off the workload.

No comments:

Post a Comment