Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Update!


My friends and me at the finish line.
Anna Romagnoli

This weekend I did a half-marathon in Flushing Meadows Park in Queens with friends from Fordham. It was a beautiful day and a fun way to spend the morning in another borough that's only a 20 minute cab ride from the Rose Hill campus.






Our mason jar parting gift.



Danielle Smith

This Sunday I attended the Club Leader Summit as a treasurer for Math Club. We attended different presentations including a keynote speech by Dean Dolan during dinner. At the end we even received cool mason jar containers for our hard work!











The view from our seats.

Gianna Rosamilia 

On Friday, I attended Fordham's annual  President's Ball, which was a great opportunity for my friends and me to get dressed up and have tons of fun! On Saturday, I completed a GoRuck Light event in honor of 9/11. GoRuck is a teamwork-oriented, fitness challenge designed to emulate the training Navy SEALs go through. On Sunday, I went to the Giants game at MetLife stadium. They lost to the Cardinals 25-14, but the game was still a lot of fun, and overall, the weekend was awesome!






Kirsten Simons

My weekend started off a little early, with a trip to Brooklyn on Thursday evening. I met a friend downtown, and we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge as soon as it got dark to see the lights in memory of 9/11. As we walked, we talked about our memories of the day, and reminisced about the past few years at Fordham. We then went to the Brooklyn Bridge Park to enjoy the incredible views of the skyline, where there were many other people doing the same. Later, we went to a little restaurant a block away for some incredible sushi. 

After the excitement of Homecoming on Friday and Saturday, my friends Daniel, Maddie and I decided, in typical New Yorker fashion, it was time for a leisurely Sunday brunch. We headed to the East Village, where we found a great diner. Over a delicious meal, we talked about our weekends, and the work we were putting off to enjoy the great day. We then walked around the neighborhood a bit, as none of us are overly familiar with the area. It was a great relaxing end to a hectic and busy weekend.

Memorial lights for 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment