Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer at Fordham

The start of the fall semester is always exciting, since it means returning to campus, seeing your new room, and beginning your new classes.  This year, for me, the start of the fall semester is a little bit different, since I spent the summer living at Fordham’s Rose Hill campus and didn't have the "typical" return process.  I spent my days working at WFUV, but I was able to use all my free time enjoying New York City and all its offerings, from nearby Arthur Avenue to taking the D train to Brooklyn for pizza adventures.

I had to decorate & make my summer housing feel like home!


Living in Martyrs' Court Goupil, I was steps away from Fordham's MetroNorth Railroad stop.  This meant that I could easily take advantage of all the city had to offer in my free time (with only a twenty minute train ride to midtown!).  




I was thrilled to be able to take advantage of the city's offerings, from exploring Central Park on photography adventures to enjoying outdoor movies in Bryant Park.

Picnicking in Bryant Park for a showing of Saturday Night Fever

Neutral Milk Hotel at Prospect Park Bandshell
One of my favorite parts of having access to NYC over the summer was my ability to embrace the city's musical culture.  From attending the New York Philharmonic's performance of Beethoven's piano concertos (with $18 student tickets!) in famed Avery Fisher Hall to seeing contemporary bands at small venues such as Bowery Ballroom and large venues like Barclays Center, there was always an opportunity for a unique musical experience.


Spending my summer at Fordham was truly a great experience, for I was able to be productive in my work as well as make use of and enjoy my free time in the city!  It made me even more excited for the return of my fellow students and another great semester with New York as my campus!
New York is my campus, Fordham is my school!


No comments:

Post a Comment