Tuesday, September 16, 2014

New Week, New Activities!

Happy Monday! It's the beginning of a new and fantastic week! I know many of us aren't fans of Monday mornings, but at Rose Hill we have no reason to dread them (even if we have to kiss goodbye an incredible homecoming weekend)!

Here's a quick recap of my weekend:
On Friday I had a blast attending Pres Ball with my friends, Saturday we enjoyed cheering on our football team, and on Sunday, we took the train up to Connecticut for a day of boating and sun!




I really like Mondays, I don't really catch a break until bedtime, but that's okay because I enjoy being busy! Today I had classes at 11:30, 2:30, and 5:30. They included Texts & Contexts: Contemporary American Fiction, Classic Jewish Texts, and Spanish. Each class went well! All of my professors are really engaging. I enjoy the way I was able to space out my class schedule because it allows me to get work done in between classes.

After my Spanish class, I was super excited to attend my first Club Volleyball meeting! I played volleyball for four years during high school, took a year off, and this year (as a sophomore) decided that I wanted to play again. The Fordham Club team meets for two hours on Mondays and Wednesdays. Today we ran drills, played 3 Vs. 3, and then ended practice with a scrimmage. I had a blast meeting new students and getting to play volleyball again. Anyone is welcome to come and play with us! Although most players have some experience playing the sport, newcomers are welcome too!

Once volleyball practice ended, I headed back to my dorm, which is where I am now. Before I head to sleep I'm going to get some reading done and call my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment