Friday, February 15, 2013

Club Spotlight - Rose Hill Society

If you have ever have had the pleasure of visiting Fordham University and going on a tour, then chances are pretty good that you have met a member of the Rose Hill Society.  This club is comprised of students who are hand selected after an application process to represent the university as a student ambassador.  Responsibilities include attending monthly meetings, but more importantly, leading weekly campus tours, as well as working fall and spring open houses.  Rose Hill Society also offers the opportunity to serve as an outreach ambassador, which uses social media to reach out to prospective students.

I became a member of Rose Hill Society in March of my freshman year and served as a university ambassador until the end of the fall of 2011.  Upon my return from my spring semester abroad, I became an outreach ambassador for the 2012-2013 academic year.  I have enjoyed sharing my Fordham experiences to prospective students and families and serving as a liaison to the university.  One of my more memorable experiences was giving not one, but two tours to supermodel Christie Brinkley and her son.  Rose Hill Society is very influential in helping prospective students apply to, or ultimately choose to attend Fordham University.

No comments:

Post a Comment